Due to heightened safety protocols in response to the widespread of Coronavirus (COVID-19) and the recommendations from local, state and federal health officials, the Diaper Bank of the Ozarks (DBO) is committed to supporting our community in the safest way possible. We have made the decision to cancel all upcoming classes and volunteer sessions at both our office and warehouse location.
With a recent “presumptive positive” case of COVID-19 confirmed in our community, the DBO would like to take the opportunity to share with you the steps we are taking to ensure the safety and health of our staff, volunteers, partner Agencies, and the products we distribute.
– We have heightened our hygiene and sanitation procedures, including cleaning and disinfecting frequently touched surfaces more often.
– Staff and volunteers are required to wash their hands or use alcohol-based hand sanitizer before handling, wrapping, and distributing diapers.
– We strongly encourage all staff and volunteers who feel ill to stay home if experiencing any flu or cold-like symptoms.
– The DBO will not schedule any new classes or volunteer groups/sessions for the next 4-weeks. We hope to resume our normal schedule mid-April but may extend the volunteer hiatus if the COVID-19 crisis warrants additional caution.
– As an added precaution, to limit our social interaction, we will not be accepting any diaper donation drop-offs to be made at our office or warehouse location. Please store them in a safe place until notification is given that we are accepting diaper donation drop-offs again.
The health and safety of our staff, volunteers, partner Agencies, and the families who receive our products is always our top priority. We are following the situation closely and will take into account any recommendations from the World Health Organization, the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention, as well as relevant state and local agencies. If changes need to be made to our order pick-up schedule/protocol, we will notify each of our partner Agencies directly.
Please do not hesitate to contact our Program Director, Kelly Paparella, directly if you have any questions, concerns or need additional help or information.
Thank you, from the bottom of our hearts!
Kelly Paparella, Program Director
Jill Bright, Founder
We need volunteers for the following areas:
Preparing diaper orders
Are you interested in an Internship? Are you in a college or high school program and need volunteer hours? Are you retired, temporarily unemployed, or looking for a way to expand your resume and, at the same time, wanting to make a difference in your community?
We will find the right place for you to make a difference in the lives of the babies in need in our community. Both individuals and groups are welcome.